Using Words and Voice Effectively Online Course Overview
Bring your message alive by using techniques such as anecdotes, analogies and quotes to personalise your delivery to your audience. Find out how to vary your tone, pitch, pace and pauses to build emotion into your presentation and keep your audience engaged.
Delivering effective oral presentations involves what you say, how you say it and everything the audience can see about you and this course will allow you to maximise all three components to help deliver a refined presentation and maintain audience engagement.
Simply understanding that, when preparing for a presentation, it is ineffective to simply write down and memorise your content is a good first step in delivering effective oral presentations. Learn the skills necessary to speak extempore, reinventing the words as you go along. Avoid filler words that your audience is likely to notice and be irritated by in favour of creating thinking time during your pitch that signifies that you are choosing your words carefully rather than battling a lack of preparedness. Use your voice for maximum impact, including sincerity and credibility that will affect how your audience responds to you and your message.
Using Words and Voice Effectively eLearning Outcomes
- Importance of pitch, pace and voice variation
- Skills in personalising presentations
- Engaging your audience through emotion
- Understand how to create impact with stories, examples and anecdotes
- Ensure the story or example is relevant to your key messages
- Practice delivery to ensure it is polished and convincing, personalise the example to make it your own
- Explore building tension and suspense
- Create colour with your voice through pace, pitch, pronunciation and use of pauses