Using Words and Voice Effectively
Bring your message alive by using techniques such as anecdotes, analogies and quotes to personalise your delivery to your audience. Find out how to vary your tone, pitch, pace and pauses to build emotion into your presentation and keep your audience engaged.
Delivering effective oral presentations involves what you say, how you say it and everything the audience can see about you and this course will allow you to maximise all three components to help deliver a refined presentation and maintain audience engagement.
Simply understanding that, when preparing for a presentation, it is ineffective to simply write down and memorise your content is a good first step in delivering effective oral presentations. Learn the skills necessary to speak extempore, reinventing the words as you go along. Avoid filler words that your audience is likely to notice and be irritated by in favour of creating thinking time during your pitch that signifies that you are choosing your words carefully rather than battling a lack of preparedness. Use your voice for maximum impact, including sincerity and credibility that will affect how your audience responds to you and your message.
Our Speed-Learning function is now built-in allowing learners to accelerate the audio without increasing the pitch, facilitating a more engaging learning experience which better matches conversational and reading speeds of learners. Speed-learning enabled, multi-lingual 24/7 accessibility makes it possible for employees to learn at their own pace and in bite sized chunks ensuring training that best suits their own timetables with no constraint on productivity and resources.
- Speed-Learning function equipped
- Ready-to-use or fully customisable using our self-editor function
- Multi-Language support
- Cheat-resistant testing
Cost effective, mobile ready training, quick and easy setup, great value and service.
|Target audience||All Employees|
- Importance of pitch, pace and voice variation
- Skills in personalising presentations
- Engaging your audience through emotion
- Understand how to create impact with stories, examples and anecdotes
- Ensure the story or example is relevant to your key messages
- Practice delivery to ensure it is polished and convincing, personalise the example to make it your own
- Explore building tension and suspense
- Create colour with your voice through pace, pitch, pronunciation and use of pauses
- Language Toolbar - Easily change to any language
- Customisable to follow your brand's identity
- NEW - Edit courses yourself using our editor
- Intuitive navigation and bookmarking
- Accessible close captioned
- Cheat resistant testing
- Engaging, pacey and effective
Watch this video to see how we create engagement with interactivity, humour, and storytelling.
Saving Valuable TimeOur customers are efficient modern organisations who want eLearning to be delivered as fast as possible with full comprehension by learners obtained and recorded. They know that saving even a small amount of time per module can result in major cost savings and that learner engagement is key to effective learning.
Accelerating eLearningOur audience are adult learners with busy lives and a job to do. They don’t want to waste time and we know they will only sustain maximum attention for a limited period. Our pacey interesting and interactive modules engage and challenge learners, providing better retention and understanding, saving people time. We don’t waffle. We do apply the ‘so what?’ test to ensure that everything said or written supports the course outcomes and we use plain English. Our courses use accelerated learning techniques to provide rapid comprehension. This includes allowing learners to experiment with a situation and see the results; using synchronised audio, text, graphics, animation, photographs and games to engage both left and right brain in the process. The learner is presented with a wide variety of interaction types and can use the eBooks for checklists and on the spot access.
Making a lasting impact on learnersOur 4 step process promotes learning, confidence and use of skills in the workplace.
- Step 1 – Establish relevance and benefit to the learner
- Step 2 – Engage the learner throughout the course
- Step 3 – Ensure learning has occurred and provide a certificate of accomplishment
- Step 4 – Provide support materials at point of need to aid memory and application of skills