This eLearning course will show you how to set effective and ‘SMART’ goals when setting out to coach individual staff members. Learn how to establish a sound coaching relationship using the ‘GROW’ model strategy.
The GROW model is a framework you can use to plan and conduct a coaching relationship. This course will help get you started with GROW and the action planner will help work with the person you’re coaching to:
- Establish good coaching goals
- Develop a realistic plan for development
- Review progress and gain commitment to improve
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
- Do you know how to establish good coaching goals with the person you’re coaching
- Can you work with your colleague to develop a set of realistic options to help them develop on the job?
- Can you help someone commit to a plan to improve?
- Establish a sound coaching relationship
- Set SMART goals that develop the individual through work
- Establish what is happening and what can be done
- Develop, with the learner, a set of options to gain and use new skills
- Develop a set of scheduled actions and gain commitment to completing those actions
- Use a process like the GROW model to coach