Solving Problems : Definition to Options
When solving problems at work, you are trying to define a problem while your mindset is in a ‘Detective’ mode looking for clues and motives.
This course helps you analyse the current situation and identify the root causes of the problem. You will explore ways in which you and your team can generate solutions.
|Target audience||Team Leaders & Managers|
- Learn skills on how to identify the real cause of a problem before thinking of fixing it
- Learn how you can work with your team to generate creative and innovative solutions
- Understand some tricks involved in choosing what to fix first
- Define a clear end goal for the problem solving using the components of a satisfactory end-state description
- Write a definitive problem statement
- Categorise problems as urgent and/or important
- Encourage analytical thinking in deciding what to solve
- Use 4 key principles of idea generation appropriately: generate many ideas; provoke your thinking; change your perspective; make new connections
- Encourage a divergent thinking style while generating ideas
- Identify any mental blocks to creative thinking and help overcome them
- Language Toolbar - Easily change to any language
- Customisable to follow your brand's identity
- NEW - Edit courses yourself using our editor
- Intuitive navigation and bookmarking
- Accessible close captioned
- Cheat resistant testing
- Engaging, pacey and effective
Watch this video to see how we create engagement with interactivity, humour, and storytelling.
Saving Valuable TimeOur customers are efficient modern organisations who want eLearning to be delivered as fast as possible with full comprehension by learners obtained and recorded. They know that saving even a small amount of time per module can result in major cost savings and that learner engagement is key to effective learning.
Accelerating eLearningOur audience are adult learners with busy lives and a job to do. They don’t want to waste time and we know they will only sustain maximum attention for a limited period. Our pacey interesting and interactive modules engage and challenge learners, providing better retention and understanding, saving people time. We don’t waffle. We do apply the ‘so what?’ test to ensure that everything said or written supports the course outcomes and we use plain English. Our courses use accelerated learning techniques to provide rapid comprehension. This includes allowing learners to experiment with a situation and see the results; using synchronised audio, text, graphics, animation, photographs and games to engage both left and right brain in the process. The learner is presented with a wide variety of interaction types and can use the eBooks for checklists and on the spot access.
Making a lasting impact on learnersOur 4 step process promotes learning, confidence and use of skills in the workplace.
- Step 1 – Establish relevance and benefit to the learner
- Step 2 – Engage the learner throughout the course
- Step 3 – Ensure learning has occurred and provide a certificate of accomplishment
- Step 4 – Provide support materials at point of need to aid memory and application of skills