When solving problems at work, you are trying to define a problem while your mindset is in a ‘Detective’ mode looking for clues and motives.
This course helps you analyse the current situation and identify the root causes of the problem. You will explore ways in which you and your team can generate solutions.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
- Learn skills on how to identify the real cause of a problem before thinking of fixing it
- Learn how you can work with your team to generate creative and innovative solutions
- Understand some tricks involved in choosing what to fix first
- Define a clear end goal for the problem solving using the components of a satisfactory end-state description
- Write a definitive problem statement
- Categorise problems as urgent and/or important
- Encourage analytical thinking in deciding what to solve
- Use 4 key principles of idea generation appropriately: generate many ideas; provoke your thinking; change your perspective; make new connections
- Encourage a divergent thinking style while generating ideas
- Identify any mental blocks to creative thinking and help overcome them