Being skilled in solving performance problems is a great way to manage your relationships on an adult basis when things get tough and to be able to deal with performance issues in a calm, consistent and systematic way. Learn to respond constructively to denial or emotional responses.
This online performance management training course in solving performance problems forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates maintain a healthy, problem-solving relationship and ensures the skills necessary to diagnose, plan review solutions and methods of putting this training into practice.
Sections of the course include:
- Maintaining a problem-solving relationship – When the going gets tough, keep the relationship on an adult-adult basis: resist the temptation to blame or complain.
- Diagnosis, planning, review – Using an objective and calm process to diagnose root causes, put solutions in place and review the results.
- Practice – Putting the theory into practice.
- Learn how to remain calm and professional when dealing with performance issues
- Learn how to manage your relationship with staff when things go wrong
- Identify the triggers for adult/child/parent behaviour and guide towards adult-adult interactions
- Adopt a systematic and positive problem solving approach to frame productive meetings
- Manage denial and emotional responses effectively
- Explain the consequences of no or low improvement
- Understand the importance of regular monitoring in sustaining performance improvement