Right to Work
Whenever we employ someone, we need to check their right to work in the UK to comply with government legislation.
As employers, we fulfil our duty to prevent illegal working by implementing a policy of conducting a right to work check on people we employ.
Your responsibility is to carry out the right to work check correctly – even if the applicant comes through a recruitment agency.
Carrying out these checks correctly protects us from fines and penalties if we do unintentionally employ an illegal worker.
This course will help you understand your responsibilities under the legislation, show you how to carry out a right to work check and take you through some examples you might encounter at work.It also examines the consequences of non compliance, what “leave to enter/ leave to remain” means and how to conduct a thorough step by step document authorisation check.
The Post Test ensures that anyone who is responsible for employing people knows what they need to do to comply with the
- Speed-Learning function equipped for faster compliance
- Ready-to-use or fully customisable using our self-editor function
- Includes automated translation into all other languages
- Cheat-resistant testing
Our unique Speed-Learning function is now also built-in to this course, allowing learners to accelerate the audio and facilitating a more engaging learning experience. Speed-learning enabled, multi-lingual 24/7 accessibility makes it possible for employees to learn at their own pace and in bite-sized chunks ensuring training that best suits their own timetables.
|Target audience||Business Owners or HR personnel|
|Duration||20 minutes with a post course test|
- Understand your responsibilities under the law
- Show you how to carry out a right to work check
- Lets you see examples you might encounter at work
- How to decide who needs a check and who does not