Preparing to Lead a Meeting Course Overview
Do people look forward to the meetings you lead or see them as a pleasant waste of time? Are you aware that there are processes and procedures required before you can lead a successful meeting?
This highly interactive course will show Managers how to create clear and smart goals to achieve your objectives. The course raises such questions as “Do you have clear objectives for your meetings?”. “Do you know how to create an agenda that engages people and helps achieve your objectives?” and “Do people look forward to the meetings you lead or see them as a pleasant waste of time?”
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
Preparing to Lead a Meeting eLearning Outcomes
- Learn to create clear and smart objectives for your meeting
- Learn to create an engaging agenda that would help you achieve your objectives
- Be able to get a meeting off on the right track
- Set realistic, action-focused meeting objectives
- Invite the right people
- Plan the agenda to support the objectives
- Book a suitable venue
- Distribute the meeting information
- Plan how to facilitate everyone’s participation; arm yourself with appropriate tools and techniques