Planning a Powerful Presentation Course Overview
Every successful and engaging presentation starts with effective presentation planning. Learn how to set clear objectives, analyse your audience so you see things from their viewpoint, plan for the location and develop contingency plans.
Presentation planning is a necessary skill if you are looking to engage and retain your specific audience and to build the bridge between your content and them. This takes time and dedication, something many presenters do not realise until it’s too late. Throwing everything you know, or everything you think a generic audience should want to know is like playing any old music or any old games at a party – some will like it, others will not. However, if you want everyone to engage with the event then you need to figure out the best way to choose and construct your material, consider your audience, their viewpoint and your presentation’s point. This course on powerful presentation planning teaches delegates how to set clear objectives, analyse audiences to see things from their viewpoint, plan for the location and develop contingency plans for maximum impact.
Planning a Powerful Presentation eLearning Outcomes
- Define the objective of the presentation
- Understand your audience
- How to meet your audience expectation
- How to handle questions
- Be aware of what you seek to achieve and set clear objectives for your presentation
- Develop a checklist to analyse the needs, attitudes and expectations of your audience
- Maximise the opportunities available to you – location and length of presentation, key players attending
- Make contingency plans for when things go wrong
- Adopt the appropriate delivery style to suit your audience, objectives and venue.