Noise Awareness Online Course Overview
How damaging is loud noise at work and what can you to do to reduce the risk of damage to hearing? Did you know that more than 2 million people in the UK are exposed to noise levels that may be harmful? And according to the Health and Safety Executive “Noise at work can cause hearing damage that is permanent and disabling. This can be hearing loss that is gradual because of exposure to noise over time, but also damage caused by sudden, extremely loud noises.”
This Health & Safety course focuses on the extent and effects of noise induced hearing loss. It is suitable for those who are seeking to carry out occupational noise assessments and includes guidance on what can be done to reduce noise and noise exposure.
Noise Awareness by Engage in Learning is a highly interactive and beautifully designed course that will help managers and employees learn how to take steps to avoid unnecessary hearing loss through loud noises.
The course uses animation to demonstrate exactly how the ears work, why noise pollution is so damaging and how to prevent damage at work.
Contact us if you would like to see a preview.
Noise Awareness eLearning Outcomes
- Describe what noise pollution is and what effect it has
- Separates the facts from the myths about hearing loss
- How to reduce your own exposure to noise at work
- List the legal responsibilities of employers when it comes to protecting their staff
- Avoid the risk of hearing loss caused by noise pollution
- Understand what to do in event of exposure to excessive noise