Managing Conflict Course Overview
Managing conflict at work in an effective and professional manner is a responsibility for every team leader or manager. If handled well, conflict can be a catalyst for growth and innovation.
This course explains how to manage conflict at work in a effective and professional manner, how to avoid friction and damage to team spirit. Learn strategies to help diagnose causes of conflict, resolve conflict and restore unity.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
Managing Conflict eLearning Outcomes
- Lean to identify the cause of the conflict before trying to mediate it
- Learn how to resolve conflicts between two individuals at work
- Explore some strategies that would help restore unity
- Understand the causes of conflict
- Recognise the impact of conflict on team dynamics
- Use conflict to positively affect the team
- Identify individual responses to conflict: compromise, accommodate, compete, collaborate, avoid
- Develop and use a coping strategy for each response
- Use a systematic approach to conflict resolution