- People who work where there is a water system that could be susceptible to Legionella
- 20 minutes
A fast and effective way to meet your Legionella awareness responsibilities
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia which can affect anybody, but which principally affects those who are susceptible to disease because of age, illness, immunosuppression, smoking and so on.
Investing in awareness training will help to ensure that the likelihood of an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease is very low. This course will ensure that learners have knowledge of the key legislation in relation to the control of legionella as well as being able to identify the health risks associated with legionellosis. Learners will also be able to understand how to manage legionella and how to use this know;edge to protect their health and the health and safety of others.
This Legionella Awareness course also clearly outlines what Legionella is, how it’s spread, what everyone’s responsibilities are and how to assess the safety of water systems and water temperature to minimise the risks of Legionella.
This online course forms part of our Health and Safety series and helps delegates with Health and Safety responsibility ensure that the training they receive is effective and delivered in a no nonsense way. Our engaging RoSPA approved* online courses cost-effectively deliver the Health and Safety Awareness Training all your employees require to stay safe. We offer award winning design, quick and easy set-up and great value. Our friendly, expert team will be happy to help.
Our unique Speed-Learning function is now built-in allowing learners to accelerate the audio without increasing the pitch, facilitating a more engaging learning experience which better matches conversational and reading speeds of learners. Speed-learning enabled, multi-lingual 24/7 accessibility makes it possible for employees to learn at their own pace and in bite-sized chunks ensuring training that best suits their own timetables with no constraint on productivity and resources.
- Speed-Learning function equipped
- Ready-to-use or fully customisable using our self-editor function
- Multi-Language support
- Cheat-resistant testing
- Describe what Legionella is, its symptoms and what it does
- Explain how Legionella is spread
- List people most susceptible to infection
- List the legal responsibilities of employers and employees
- Outline the hazards in a water system e.g. temperature, flow, nutrients, aerosols
- Outline the kinds of controls that can manage risks
- Explain why inspection and monitoring are important