A fast and effective way to meet your Legionella awareness responsibilities
Legionnaires’ disease is a potentially fatal form of pneumonia which can affect anybody, but which principally affects those who are susceptible to disease because of age, illness, immunosuppression, smoking and so on. Investing in awareness training will help to ensure that the likelihood of an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease is very low. This course will ensure that learners have knowledge of the key legislation in relation to the control of legionella as well as being able to identify the health risks associated with legionellosis. Learners will also be able to understand how to manage legionella and how to use this know;edge to protect their health and the health and safety of others.
This Legionella Awareness course also clearly outlines what Legionella is, how it’s spread, what everyone’s responsibilities are and how to assess the safety of water systems and water temperature to minimise the risks of Legionella.
This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
- Describe what Legionella is, its symptoms and what it does
- Explain how Legionella is spread
- List people most susceptible to infection
- List the legal responsibilities of employers and employees
- Outline the hazards in a water system e.g. temperature, flow, nutrients, aerosols
- Outline the kinds of controls that can manage risks
- Explain why inspection and monitoring are important