Reduce business risk and support a positive working environment.
This multilingual equality and diversity training course provides clear explanations of the legislations and key terms, and its impact on business, and also uses scenarios and ‘what next?’ questions to help learners understand how they can positively affect culture, communication and inclusion.
Organisations are legally required to ensure that discrimination is eliminated and expectations of equality are met. Equality and diversity training helps meet this requirement and ensures that an inclusive and fair working environment exists so that no form of perceived difference is an obstacle in career potential and progression. Having a diverse workforce also means that organisations can offer a wider range of ideas, skills and resources to the business, giving it a competitive edge and improving team productivity, morale and motivation.
UK Organisations and UK Public sector versions are available
- Differentiate between equality, diversity and inclusion
- Recognise offences such as indirect and direct discrimination, victimisation and harassment
- Avoid behaviours that constitute unfair treatment and follow best practice approaches in areas such as recruitment
- List the consequences of not complying with the regulations
- Describe what to do when facing or witnessing unfair treatment at work
- Identify behaviours, language and attitudes that promote equal and inclusive working relationships
- Appreciate the benefits of diversity, equality and inclusion in the work place