Anyone can lead a meeting, but Leading a successful meeting requires more than luck! When meetings are poorly managed or hosted, it can lead to frustration, time-wasting and a lack of direction and purpose. Meetings have the potential to be the biggest impact on staff productivity in most organisations.
To achieve a productive and successful meeting, good preparation and planning is required. This highly interactive course will teach Learners how to control the flow of information in your meetings, manage your time effectively and activate full participation from everyone involved. This will ensure that every meeting you lead produces achievable – and measurable – actions.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
- Learn how to control the flow of information in your meetings
- Learn how to encourage participation when leading a meeting
- Learn to finish your agenda on time
- Manage information
- Chunk information, organise it and summarise
- Encourage participation, use relevant, low risk, engaging ice breakers
- Use language positively supporting participation
- Create an inclusive climate where people feel able to voice their opinions
- Generate and capture ideas, opinions and facts as well as decisions and actions points
- Manage flow, planning how to use meeting time effectively
- Monitor progress, with purpose firmly in mind, flex and re-plan to fit
- Close – summarise actions and decisions, get commitment