Leading a Meeting
Anyone can lead a meeting, but Leading a successful meeting requires more than luck! To achieve a productive and successful meetings, good preparation and planning is required. Learn how to control the flow of information in your meetings, manage your time effectively and activate full participation from attendees.
|Target audience||Team Leaders & Managers|
- Learn how to control the flow of information in your meetings
- Learn how to encourage participation when leading a meeting
- Learn to finish your agenda on time
- Manage information
- Chunk information, organise it and summarise
- Encourage participation, use relevant, low risk, engaging ice breakers
- Use language positively supporting participation
- Create an inclusive climate where people feel able to voice their opinions
- Generate and capture ideas, opinions and facts as well as decisions and actions points
- Manage flow, planning how to use meeting time effectively
- Monitor progress, with purpose firmly in mind, flex and re-plan to fit
- Close – summarise actions and decisions, get commitment
- Language Toolbar - Easily change to any language
- Customisable to follow your brand's identity
- NEW - Edit courses yourself using our editor
- Intuitive navigation and bookmarking
- Accessible close captioned
- Cheat resistant testing
- Engaging, pacey and effective
Watch this video to see how we create engagement with interactivity, humour, and storytelling.
Saving Valuable TimeOur customers are efficient modern organisations who want eLearning to be delivered as fast as possible with full comprehension by learners obtained and recorded. They know that saving even a small amount of time per module can result in major cost savings and that learner engagement is key to effective learning.
Accelerating eLearningOur audience are adult learners with busy lives and a job to do. They don’t want to waste time and we know they will only sustain maximum attention for a limited period. Our pacey interesting and interactive modules engage and challenge learners, providing better retention and understanding, saving people time. We don’t waffle. We do apply the ‘so what?’ test to ensure that everything said or written supports the course outcomes and we use plain English. Our courses use accelerated learning techniques to provide rapid comprehension. This includes allowing learners to experiment with a situation and see the results; using synchronised audio, text, graphics, animation, photographs and games to engage both left and right brain in the process. The learner is presented with a wide variety of interaction types and can use the eBooks for checklists and on the spot access.
Making a lasting impact on learnersOur 4 step process promotes learning, confidence and use of skills in the workplace.
- Step 1 – Establish relevance and benefit to the learner
- Step 2 – Engage the learner throughout the course
- Step 3 – Ensure learning has occurred and provide a certificate of accomplishment
- Step 4 – Provide support materials at point of need to aid memory and application of skills