Influencing is not just a communication skill, it is a mindset! Successful influencers clarify their goals, focus their efforts on the right people and select the most appropriate influencing tactics.
Whether a manager or a salesperson, influencing skills are necessary for anyone in business. This is because the ability to bring others to your way of thinking without force or coercion is critical in nurturing business growth.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
- Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas relevant to stakeholders
- Learn how to plan realistic win/win outcomes
- Learn how to adapt influencing tactics that is appropriate
- Recognise influencing as an adult, respectful alternative to both command and manipulation
- View influencing as a process, not an action
- Recognise that you must be others-focused not self-focused
- Generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes
- Be able to identify champions, blockers and your floating voters
- Use 4 different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances