Influence is the power to have an important effect on someone or something. If someone influences someone else, they are changing a person or thing in an indirect but important way.
Influencing in a group or a team is a multi-layered skill. To influence others effectively, you must take into account the preferences of not just one person but many people and behavioural patterns as well as group dynamics.
This course will guide you through the skills and techniques that successful influencers use to ensure they have a positive impact on the effectiveness of others in their team.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
- Learn how to adapt your influencing approach to suit the stage of growth of your team
- Learn how to appeal to an individual on the basis of their working style and preferences
- Learn how to tailor your communication style to each individual
- Adapt your influencing style to suit the situation
- Use your analysis of the stage of growth of the team to adopt your influencing style
- Analyse the likely behaviour of an individual based on their preferences for leading or following, being assertive or passive
- Adapt your communication style to appeal to different personality types and working styles