Building and developing the vital art of Influence. In today’s knowledge economy, influencing has become an essential communication skill. Roles are changing: managers need to influence more and command less; team members are specialists with knowledge that needs to be heard; and customers want long term relationships based on integrity.
The Influencing Pathway is a series of 4 inter-linked course which show the student how to identify situations where the power of influence will achieve team goals.
Communicating to Influence shows that influencing involves more than just listening and questioning. It requires you to understand other people’s body language, build rapport and trust with others as well as communicating your message clearly.
Focusing on Influencing in Meetings will help you make the most of every meeting and ensure that they are run effectively. Meetings can be an opportunity for you and other participants to generate change that would take the organisation to the next level.
Influencing in Teams demonstrates that in order to influence others effectively, you must take into account the preferences of not just one person but many people and behavioural patterns as well as group dynamics.
Influencing to Win/Win shows that, whether a manager or a salesperson, influencing skills are necessary for anyone in business. This is because the ability to bring others to your way of thinking without force or coercion is critical in nurturing business growth.
Over 2.5 hours of eLearning including:
- Video case studies, set across industry and government, provide participants with opportunities to observe, analyse and evaluate influencing in action with managers, customers, employees and peers
- Participants develop an influencing plan around a specific goal and individual(s). They refine and review the plan in light of feedback from their peers.
- Plus an optional classroom pack to extend and individualise the learning.
Individual Courses in Pathway:
On completing the pathway, learners will:
- Understand the influencing process and its associated skills and attitudes.
- Assess the accuracy of their five-step plan for win-win outcomes.
- Assess their influencing plan, the success of their analysis of blockers, floaters and champions, and their choice of influencing tactics.
- Identify thinking patterns and understand how to respond appropriately, use whole body listening, and recognize false realities.
- Establish rapport by identifying someone’s values and building trust.
- Use effective influencing strategies and tactics with teams at different stages of growth and with differing team member types.
- Plan to improve their influence in meetings with peers and customers.
Communicating to Influence involves more than listening and questioning but also requires you to understand other people’s body language, build rapport and trust with others as well as communicating your message clearly. This rarely happens naturally but is an influencing skill that need practicising and evolving in workplace situations.
Meetings can be unproductive and a waste of time if not managed well. Effective management of meetings can be an opportunity for you and other participants to generate change that would take the organisation to the next level. This course will show you how to ensure every meeting your team attends has a plan, a purpose, full participation with an achievable outcome.
The ability to influence in a group or a team is a multi-layered skill. Influencing has become an essential communication skill and to influence others effectively, you must take into account the preferences of not just one person but many people and behavioural patterns as well as group dynamics.People are different and the most effective influencers can adapt to ensure every member of the team is included and feel valued.
Successful influencers clarify their goals, focus their efforts on the right people and select the most appropriate influencing tactics. They do not bully or manipulate but use their knowledge and experience to improve communication and encourage personal growth within teams. Influencing is not just a communication skill, it is a mindset!