Influencing in Meetings Online Course Overview
This is one in a series of courses designed to assist you when influencing others. Part of the Leadership and Management series, this course focuses on meetings and examines how to use your personal influence to ensure that the meetings you host or attend are worthwhile and productive every time.
Meetings can be unproductive and a waste of time if not managed well. Effective management of meetings can be an opportunity for you and other participants to generate change that would take the organisation to the next level.
This online course helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
Influencing in Meetings eLearning Outcomes
- Learn how to speak in meetings and achieve results
- Learn how to influence others successfully
- Learn how to set realistic expectations and goals for your meetings
- Learn how to engage others in a meeting
- Make a positive impact by deciding on your purpose and planning your participation
- Participate fully and help others to participate
- Follow up after the meeting
- Practice your personal communication skills positively
- Build on the contribution of others, observe and respond to others