An interactive and engaging online course on infection control for employees.
Updated Feb 2020 to include advice on controlling the spread of coronavirus.
This course covers
- the facts about the new coronavirus:
- how to avoid infection
- what to do if you have symptoms
- the common forms of infection
- who is most at risk from infection
- the impact of going to work when contagious
- employer and employee responsibilities to prevent and control infection
- the six links in the Chain of Infection
- key terms such as infectious agents and reservoir
- how to break the chain at each of its stages
- how to wash and sanitise their hands correctly
- different types of Personal Protective Equipment that help stop the spread of infection
How it works
Interactive and dynamic, this eLearning course uses video to show good hand washing techniques and dynamic animation to show how infections – such as E.coli – spread. Demonstrating why wearing correct PPE such as aprons and gloves is so important, as well as simple routines such as washing hands before and after preparing food.
This is training for anyone who has the health of others in their hands.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training