Working at Height Course Overview
RoSPA approved Working at Height eLearning course, a fast and effective way to help meet your health and safety responsibilities
Employers and those in control of any work at height activity must make sure work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people. This includes using the right type of equipment for working at height. Low-risk, relatively straightforward tasks will require less effort when it comes to planning.
- Employers and those in control must first assess the risks.
- Employees have general legal duties to take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their actions, and to co-operate with their employer to enable their health and safety duties and requirements to be complied with.
Using interactions to help learners understand and recognise the hazards of working at heights, this RoSPA approved Height awareness course also has a complete section on using ladders and step ladders safely.
This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Working at Height eLearning Outcomes
- Use the ‘avoid, prevent, minimise’ to reduce the risks of working at height
- Explain know what working at height means
- Keep working at height to a minimum
- Describe how different safe guards can prevent and minimise falls
- Set up a ladder and step ladder safely
- Plan how to work up a ladder taking into account individual capabilities, the load, the
- Environment and other factors such as the weather
- Spot the risks of a working at height