RoSPA approved Manual Handling eLearning course, a fast and effective way to meet your health and safety responsibilities
Incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work, accounting for over a third of all workplace injuries. Manual handling training is about teaching your employees how to safely move heavy items either by lifting, carrying, lowering, pushing or pulling them. This is essential training for all employees who may be faced with heavy lifting.
It is within the best interests of employees and employers to carry out this kind of training to minimise the risk of injuries resulting in absences. According to Health and Safety Executive, 4.1 million working days were lost due to workplace injuries, which averaged 6.7 days per case in 2015.
Interactive and dynamic, this Safety Faster course covers awareness of how to lift loads safely, how to minimise the risks of lifting and how to avoid lifting altogether. It uses the TILEO mnemonic to help people assess risk and uses video to show how to conduct a safe team lift.
This awareness course has been designed to provide learners the knowledge they need to be safer in the workplace and is a perfect complement to your organisations practical training.
This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
- Describe the three steps: avoid lifting, assess the risks, and reduce the risks of lifting
- Describe the types of injury that result from lifting, stacking, pushing and pulling
- Explain how to lift, stack, push and pull safely
- Assess the risks of a lift using TILEO
- Minimise the risks of manual handling they identify
- Explain how to conduct a safe team lift
- Describe mechanical aids might help a lift