Rated 4.9 out of 5.
An interactive and engaging online course on manual handling for employees.
This course covers
- the three steps: avoid lifting, assess the risks, and reduce the risks of lifting
- the types of injury that result from lifting, stacking, pushing and pulling
- how to lift, stack, push and pull safely
- the risks of a lift using TILEO
- the risks of manual handling they identify
- how to conduct a safe team lift
- how mechanical aids might help a lift
How it works
Moving or lifting objects incorrectly is one of the most common causes of injury at work, accounting for over a third of all workplace injuries. Training on this aspect of health and safety is about teaching your employees to move heavy items safely either by lifting, carrying, lowering, pushing or pulling them. Our course will therefore suit those with jobs that involve heavy lifting to minimise the risk of injuries resulting in absences.
This course covers awareness of how to lift loads safely, how to minimise the risks of lifting and how to avoid lifting altogether. It uses the TILEO mnemonic to help people assess risk and uses video to show how to conduct a safe team lift.
If your employees work in care or where their job involved moving people, you may be interested in our moving and handling people training course too.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training