Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) eLearning course, a fast and effective way to meet your health and safety responsibilities
This dynamic RoSPA approved COSHH course is suitable for anyone who’s likely to come into contact with hazardous substances, including flammable or explosive substances. It reviews the COSHH Regulations and how they protect people at work. You will explore how people can be exposed to hazardous substances and what you need to do to comply with COSHH regulations. The different categories of hazardous substances, their impact, their warning symbols and appropriate control measures are brought to life with quizzes, questions and an exploration of different workplaces.
Dynamic and interactive, this Safety Faster course starts with the regulations, defines the various types of hazardous substances, what they can do and how to minimise risks and then brings it all together in the workplace.
This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
- Understand the COSHH regulations
- Be able to describe employer and employee responsibilities
- Know how they can be exposed to hazardous substances
- Explain the risks of toxic, corrosive, and flammable substances
- Describe the general precautions necessary for each type of substance
- Know how to assess the risks of a hazardous substance
- Understand what information is held in safety data sheets
- Be able to interpret existing and international COSHH signs
- Identify which COSHH substances are in their workplace
- Understand the importance of washing hands and best practice
- Understand the importance of using the right containers
- Be able to identify COSHH specific risks in various workplace scenarios