Food Safety Level 2 Online Course Overview
Wherever food is cooked and served, you need to be confident that your employees are following the highest standards of food preparation, handling, storage and cleanliness. It is a legal requirement (Food Safety Act 1990 and Food Hygiene regulations 2006) that food business operators ensure food handlers receive appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene in-line with their work activity.
This Level 2 Food Safety online training course demonstrates the impact of food poisoning and poor food hygiene. It provides learners with the knowledge and understanding to identify and control food safety hazards in their own workplace. It emphasises the responsibility of everyone in a catering environment to learn, understand and follow best practice to avoid food poisoning. Specifically, it covers:
- the law, due diligence and the HACCP process in an accessible way
- high risk foods, food contamination and the temperature danger zone
- food hazards and safety practices from delivery to consumption
- best practice in storing, preparing and cooking food
- how to clean, disinfect, and sterilize
- the impact of allergies and some common allergens
- food handler hygiene
- pest control in a food preparation environment.
Like our other Interactive Health and Safety courses, engaging scenarios, memorable graphics and a wide variety of interaction types combined with high quality information design keeps learners engaged and makes the learning sticky. Our variable speed function and testing learners as they proceed through the learning allows us to deliver high speed training without losing educational effectiveness.
Like all of our courses you can edit this food hygiene training to include your own policies and procedures.
Throughout the online food hygiene course, food standards agency statistics are used to reinforce and contextualise best practice in relation to food & hygiene.
Appropriately for food preparation environments learners also get a “Takeaway” – In this case a useful eBook to keep the learning fresh back in the workplace.
On successful completion of the end of course test, learners will receive a level 2 food hygiene certificate.
This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
Food Safety Level 2 eLearning Outcomes
- Know how to prepare hot and cold food safely and hygienically
- Store different foods safely following stock control procedures
- Know how to control pests
- Know what you have to do if food has been spoilt
- Includes Food Safety Level 2 test and Certificate