An interactive and engaging online course on food safety level 2 for employees who work in catering
This course covers
- the law, due diligence and the HACCP process in an accessible way
- high risk foods, food contamination and the temperature danger zone
- food hazards and safety practices from delivery to consumption
- best practice in storing, preparing and cooking food
- how to clean, disinfect, and sterilize
- the impact of allergies and some common allergens
- food handler hygiene
- pest control in a food preparation environment
How it works
Employers have a legal requirement as food business operators to ensure food handlers receive appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene in line with their work activity.
This Level 2 Food Safety online training course demonstrates the impact of food poisoning and poor food hygiene. It provides learners with the knowledge and understanding to identify and control food safety hazards in their own workplace. It emphasises the responsibility of everyone in a catering environment to learn, understand and follow best practice to avoid food poisoning. It also draws upon Food Standards Agency statistics to reinforce and contextualise best practice in relation to food and hygiene.
Learners also get a “Takeaway” – in this case a useful eBook to keep the learning fresh back in the workplace! On successful completion of the end of course test, learners will receive their Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
Wherever food is cooked and served, you need to be confident that your employees are following the highest standards of food preparation, handling, storage and cleanliness.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training