An interactive and engaging online course on food safety level 2 for employees involved in the food manufacturing industry.
This course covers
- the consequences of poor food safety practice on customers and the organisation
- an introduction to the law, key terms and definitions, and the need for compliance
- the different types of hazards and contamination, (including allergens), high risk foods, the temperature danger zone
- the HACCP process, due diligence, risk assessment and the need to follow safety processes
- personal responsibility for hygiene: hand washing, illness, personal protective equipment
- safety measures and practices from delivery to consumption: checking deliveries, storage and stock control, safe freezing, cooling, thawing, and refrigeration, controlling time and temperature
- how to clean, disinfect, sanitise and sterilize
- the impact of allergies and some common allergens
- pest control and waste disposal
How it works
Employers have a legal requirement as food business operators to ensure food handlers receive appropriate supervision and training in food hygiene in line with their work activity.
This Level 2 Food Safety online training course demonstrates the impact of food poisoning and poor food hygiene. It provides learners with the knowledge and understanding to identify and control food safety hazards in their own workplace. It emphasises the responsibility of everyone in a manufacturing environment to learn, understand and follow best practice to avoid food contamination. And it approaches each topic in an engaging, interactive and thorough way.
Learners also get a “Takeaway” – in this case a useful eBook to keep the learning fresh back in the workplace! On successful completion of the end of course test, learners will receive their Level 2 food hygiene certificate.
Wherever food is manufactured, you need to be confident that your employees are following the highest standards of food preparation, handling, storage and cleanliness.
* This eLearning only provides awareness education. Face to face training would be needed in addition in order to complete the all round skills and knowledge to be able to carry this forward practically in your organisation.
The benefits of choosing Engage in Learning
- engaging and interactive online training
- personalise courses with our easy-to-use in-course editor
- variable playback speed
- choice of 100 languages
- downloadable eBooks designed to boost knowledge retention and support implementation at work
- learn using desktop, laptop, smartphone or tablet
- accredited, five-star-rated courses
- LMS or cloud-based training