Learn the skills of strategic communication and communicate performance expectations positively and clearly. Communicating performance expectations effectively ensures that you and your colleagues have a shared understanding of objectives, priorities and success criteria.
This online performance management course forms a part of our Leadership & Management series and equips delegates with the strategic communication skills necessary to actually achieve expectations and how to check that you have a shared understanding of your organisation’s objectives, priorities and success criteria.
Sections of the course include:
1. What you need when communicating performance expectations – A SMART objective is a good start. Here you’ll explore what else is needed to get someone working effectively towards their goals as fast as possible.
2. How to agree expectations – Good communication and listening skills are key to achieving a shared understanding now so that there are no issues later.
3. A formal process for review – When you’re setting expectations for a formal performance management system, a documented process is essential.
Our unique Speed-Learning function is now built-in allowing learners to accelerate the audio without increasing the pitch, facilitating a more engaging learning experience for the skills necessary to communicate performance expectations. This approach better matches conversational and reading speeds of learners. Speed-learning enabled, multi-lingual 24/7 accessibility makes it possible for employees to learn at their own pace and in bite-sized chunks ensuring training that best suits their own timetables with no constraint on productivity and resources.
- Speed-Learning function equipped
- Ready-to-use or fully customisable using our self-editor function
- Multi-Language support
- Cheat-resistant testing
Cost effective, mobile ready training, quick and easy setup, great value and service.
- Effective ways of communicating performance expectation
- Learn how to ensure that set objectives are understood
- Understand the importance of setting clear expectations to manage performance effectively
- Describe the specific outcomes you seek to achieve during an expectation/objective setting meeting
- Understand the benefits to the manager and employee of following the process
- Understand the benefits to manager and employee of following the process
- Implement the process, ensuring understanding is clear throughout