Communicating Performance Expectations
Learn the skills of strategic communication and communicate performance expectations positively and clearly. Communicating performance expectations effectively ensures that you and your colleagues have a shared understanding of objectives, priorities and success criteria.
This online performance management course forms a part of our Leadership & Management series and equips delegates with the strategic communication skills necessary to actually achieve expectations and how to check that you have a shared understanding of your organisation’s objectives, priorities and success criteria.
Sections of the course include:
1. What you need when communicating performance expectations – A SMART objective is a good start. Here you’ll explore what else is needed to get someone working effectively towards their goals as fast as possible.
2. How to agree expectations – Good communication and listening skills are key to achieving a shared understanding now so that there are no issues later.
3. A formal process for review – When you’re setting expectations for a formal performance management system, a documented process is essential.
Our unique Speed-Learning function is now built-in allowing learners to accelerate the audio without increasing the pitch, facilitating a more engaging learning experience for the skills necessary to communicate performance expectations. This approach better matches conversational and reading speeds of learners. Speed-learning enabled, multi-lingual 24/7 accessibility makes it possible for employees to learn at their own pace and in bite-sized chunks ensuring training that best suits their own timetables with no constraint on productivity and resources.
- Speed-Learning function equipped
- Ready-to-use or fully customisable using our self-editor function
- Multi-Language support
- Cheat-resistant testing
Cost effective, mobile ready training, quick and easy setup, great value and service.
|Target audience||Team Leaders & Managers|
- Effective ways of communicating performance expectation
- Learn how to ensure that set objectives are understood
- Understand the importance of setting clear expectations to manage performance effectively
- Describe the specific outcomes you seek to achieve during an expectation/objective setting meeting
- Understand the benefits to the manager and employee of following the process
- Understand the benefits to manager and employee of following the process
- Implement the process, ensuring understanding is clear throughout
- Language Toolbar - Easily change to any language
- Customisable to follow your brand's identity
- NEW - Edit courses yourself using our editor
- Intuitive navigation and bookmarking
- Accessible close captioned
- Cheat resistant testing
- Engaging, pacey and effective
Watch this video to see how we create engagement with interactivity, humour, and storytelling.
Saving Valuable TimeOur customers are efficient modern organisations who want eLearning to be delivered as fast as possible with full comprehension by learners obtained and recorded. They know that saving even a small amount of time per module can result in major cost savings and that learner engagement is key to effective learning.
Accelerating eLearningOur audience are adult learners with busy lives and a job to do. They don’t want to waste time and we know they will only sustain maximum attention for a limited period. Our pacey interesting and interactive modules engage and challenge learners, providing better retention and understanding, saving people time. We don’t waffle. We do apply the ‘so what?’ test to ensure that everything said or written supports the course outcomes and we use plain English. Our courses use accelerated learning techniques to provide rapid comprehension. This includes allowing learners to experiment with a situation and see the results; using synchronised audio, text, graphics, animation, photographs and games to engage both left and right brain in the process. The learner is presented with a wide variety of interaction types and can use the eBooks for checklists and on the spot access.
Making a lasting impact on learnersOur 4 step process promotes learning, confidence and use of skills in the workplace.
- Step 1 – Establish relevance and benefit to the learner
- Step 2 – Engage the learner throughout the course
- Step 3 – Ensure learning has occurred and provide a certificate of accomplishment
- Step 4 – Provide support materials at point of need to aid memory and application of skills