Coaching Skills Online Course Overview
Do you know the difference between a learner-centred and a coach-centred approach? Do you know how to balance them during a coaching session? Learn when to ‘tell’ and when and how to help learners work out their own solutions using a careful mix of communication techniques.
Coaching has become an essential ingredient of leadership required to produce the best teams in the workplace. Only a great leader can be a great coach! This eLearning training course is designed to help managers and team leaders achieve great results through effective coaching skills.
This course forms part of our popular Coaching Pathway, a series of courses progressively develops all the skills learners need to become effective workplace coaches.
Based on thought provoking and challenging video scenarios across a range of work environments and centred around the popular GROW coaching module, these courses engage learners and build skills and confidence in the topic. A powerful array of takeaway reference materials and planning tools helps learners put the skills into practice.
Providing your employees with the Coaching Pathway is a great way to encourage a culture where managers and experienced staff members motivate and inspire those less skilled or newer in their roles.
Coaching Skills eLearning Outcomes
- Learn the difference between learner and coach centred behaviours
- Learn how to help learners work out their own solutions?
- Learn new tips on coaching skills that would take your team to next level
- Differentiate between learner and coach centred techniques
- Use learner centred behaviours to “pull” the process forward – showing understanding, drawing out through questioning, helping the learner work out their own solutions, asking the learner for feedback
- Use coach centred behaviours to “push” the process forward – giving advice, sharing experiences, giving feedback, stating expectations
- Understand what skills need to be developed to become a great coach