Coaching Skills Course Course Overview
Do you know the difference between a learner-centred and a coach-centred approach? Do you know how to balance them during a coaching session? Learn when to ‘tell’ and when and how to help learners work out their own solutions using a careful mix of communication techniques.
Coaching has become an essential ingredient of leadership required to produce the best teams in the workplace. Only a great leader can be a great coach! This eLearning training course is designed to help managers and team leaders achieve great results through effective coaching skills.
This online course forms part of our Leadership & Management series and helps delegates develop the influencing skills that can open doors to increased sales and successful interactions with influential groups of people. Learn how to get your opinions heard and your ideas to relevant stakeholders in ways that not coercive, threatening or manipulative. Training is delivered on the premise that delegates must view influencing as a process, not an action, and that they must be others-focused not self-focused. By the end of the course, learners are able to generate SMART influencing goals with win/win outcomes as well as being able to identify and select from different approaches to getting your ideas across according to the circumstances and the others involved.
Coaching Skills Course eLearning Outcomes
- Learn the difference between learner and coach centred behaviours
- Learn how to help learners work out their own solutions?
- Learn new tips on coaching skills that would take your team to next level
- Differentiate between learner and coach centred techniques
- Use learner centred behaviours to “pull” the process forward – showing understanding, drawing out through questioning, helping the learner work out their own solutions, asking the learner for feedback
- Use coach centred behaviours to “push” the process forward – giving advice, sharing experiences, giving feedback, stating expectations
- Understand what skills need to be developed to become a great coach