As platinum partners of Totara, we get super excited when we hear that they have just announced the release of Totara Social 3, the third major release of the enterprise social learning platform. The new release of the enterprise social learning platform comes with a host of new features designed to enhance the social learning experience, the UX and the functionality of the platform.
Some of the main improvements include:
- Updated site navigation, including improved mobile navigation and user interface
- Enhanced search functionality, with instant search from the site header and added support for Elasticsearch 5
- New activity stream module, which can be used to render activity streams in blocks and on static pages
- Improvements to groups, including adding external feeds into group activity streams, group blogs and an easier process for inviting users to groups
- Better UX, such as embedded images in emails, easier file browsing and improvements to @mentions
“Totara Social 3 contains lots of great new features to help improve the social learning experience for end users and admins. Weʼre really excited to help our customers improve the way they interact with the platform, and weʼre confident that these improvements will have a positive impact on the way people use Totara Social”, said Yuliya Bozhko, Totara Social Development Team Lead, said:
With Totara Social 3 comes a change to minimum system requirements. The new release supports PHP 7 and 7.1, and includes updates to a number of third-party library changes.
Totara is rapidly transforming the learning technology software market to help organisations like yours prepare for tomorrow. Products include Totara Learn, a flexible, cost-effective learning management system LMS), and Totara Social, an enterprise social learning platform designed to support collaboration and knowledge sharing.
To be ready to embrace the future, choose learning technology that is open, flexible and better value. Make sure your software adapts with you, because the skills you need today are not the skills you will need tomorrow. Because Totara solutions are open source, you decide how to shape it to fit your business. Future-proof your investment with more control, a philosophy shared by us, Engage in Learning.
Tags: eLearning, Learning & Development, Totara